NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Working as an engineer in the electronics team is a fun and interesting experience. Working in medical electronics means that the work you do is structured and methodical, in a way that sets you up well in your professional career. We design circuits for the robotic system and to assist and automate the manufacturing process. Designs include state of the art technologies which include motor drives, various sensors, micros, FPGAs, analog and digital circuits, video circuits and more. This variety allows engineers to gain a wide experience in the field of electronics where other jobs might be very focused. There are the challenges of debugging to track down issues and the opportunity to find solutions to them. As we work with medical devices, a thorough approach to analysis of the potential risks in the design is key. Hands on working with medical robots that will change the future of surgery, what’s not to like!
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team designing and supporting the electronics for our state-of-the-art robotics systems. You will be working with other team members to produce designs which meet mechanical, regulatory and EMC constraints but are also optimised for integration with other system components and the manufacturing process. But the role doesn’t end there as the design is supported through assembly and test at our internal and external manufacturing partners.
The role will include:
- Design and support of PCBs and electronic assemblies which have a mixture of power, digital and analogue electronics and programmable logic
- Capturing schematics and help guide the PCB layout
- Helping to define and document manufacturing and test strategies
- Working with internal and external manufacturing partners to maintain a design that can be manufactured and tested reliably and repeatedly
- Debugging issues at PCB and system level and writing technical documents to support findings
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the electronics remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
- Ideally you will be recently qualified to degree level in electronics or a related discipline. You will also be enthusiastic and proactive and of course, you’ll be a great team player and as keen as we are to produce work to the highest standards.Desirable skills and experience
• A good understanding of electronics engineering fundamentals and best practise
• Good knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design
• Experience of using schematic capture and simulation tools and understanding of PCB layout
• Experience of using FPGA design tools
• Familiarity with common lab test equipment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
• Interest in solving electro-mechanical problems
• The ability to pair rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.