Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that
underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of appropriate evidence generation and dissemination plans for pre-clinical and clinical studies to support CMR development pipeline and regulatory submissions with collaborative relationships with all relevant cross-functional partners (Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Quality & Regulatory Affairs)
- Support the translation of clinical need into actionable engineering requirements
- Co-ordinate, develop, and run laboratory-based clinical validation and exploration studies to support regulatory submissions including protocol writing and appropriate data capture
- Document exploratory and validation studies in appropriately structured reports to support research activities, commercial decision making and regulatory submissions as appropriate
- Contribute to the delivery of the pre-clinical and clinical studies, on time, within budget and in compliance with regulations and SOPs
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Clinical remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A good understanding of the product development process as relates to the development of surgical devices
- Ability to provide input across development and life-cycle studies
- Leadership requirement – ability to influence, shape and lead without direct reporting authority
- Minimum 4 years’ experience related scientific/engineering position
- A minimum of 2.1 in a science, engineering or bioengineering discipline
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.