Working within the Business Information & Analysis team, the role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced business analyst (software) to work closely with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the business. You’ll need to elicit, analyse and translate specific needs to produce clear, unambiguous business requirements and functional specification documents for software tools, applications and processes. You should aspire to be-come the Subject Matter Expert on the business’ requirements and act as the ‘voice of the business’ for other members of the team.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Working independently and as part of a wider team, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with stakeholders to help them refine their requirements for a software system until the minimum set of requirements that meet a business need can be found.
- Finding and assessing off-the-shelf product solutions and analysing how well they meet a specific business need
- Assessing capabilities and managing the delivery of external development partners
- Delivering business requirements, process and functional design for bespoke programmes and applications
- Identifying organisational impacts associated with projects, manage and mitigate any risks
- Providing project knowledge support to development and testing teams throughout the development and test phases
- Potential for role to grow into management of development team
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the team’s remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You’ll be great at working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, bringing your strong work ethic and a proven desire to deliver high quality results. You will need to contribute to project meetings to ensure that potential impacts, risk, issues, gaps and assumptions are captured, analysed and understood. Naturally you’ll have a good (first or upper second) degree in a technical or business discipline.
You will need to have:
- Strong problem-solving, stakeholder management and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data and arguments.A high level of business intelligence, strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Knowledge and experience of mapping complex business processes
- Proven track record of eliciting and delivering business requirements and business process design
- Ability to work at a fast pace whilst managing conflicting priorities without compromising on quality
- Ability to work in an Agile delivery environment
- High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal commitment
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!