Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be designing and implementing software to support and integrate our business systems and processes as CMR follows its vision to transform surgery globally. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing creative solutions based on key business requirements
- Delivering project tasks within agreed timescales and budget
- Writing documentation to support maintenance over the long term
- Following best practices for software development
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the business information & analysis remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
First and foremost, you’ll have a passion for software tools to deliver new and extended capability to business users and the drive to continually learn new skills. You’ll most likely have a degree, although not necessarily in Computer Science – many of our developers studied other STEM subjects.
You should be able to demonstrate strong Python development skills, the determination to develop software to the highest standards within agreed timescales, adaptability and great communications skills.
- On-the-job experience of using Python to develop software applications
- Backend tools: Serverless development in Python (Flask), containerised deployment (docker)
- Thick client applications in Python (PyQT)
- Familiarity with both Python 2.7 and Python 3.x
- Automated testing and continuous integration
- Reporting, diagnosing and fixing software issues
- Using version control (git, svn)
- Adhering to coding standards
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Code refactoring for testability
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.