We’re offering the opportunity of a fully funded Level 3 Business Administration qualification in collaboration with Cambridge Regional College. You will be earning a competitive salary whilst learning and will have the added advantage of gaining industrial experience and relevant work skills which will benefit your long-term career. Let us invest in your future by enabling you to work with and learn from, your colleagues in Office.
In return we’re looking for responsible, talented individuals who are wanting to gain a qualification as well as the on the job experience.
Although the Apprenticeship will be a Fixed Term Contract for the duration of the two-year programme, the offer of a permanent position is dependent on personal performance and opportunities within the team.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be working as part of a great team providing support across the whole business. Every day will be different, but some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring a high completion rate of admin tasks, taking full ownership to maintain consistently high standards
- Office operations including site inductions, maintaining stock & organisation of stationery, office supplies and kitchen provisions
- Administrative support including travel, hotel, restaurant bookings, general admin and upkeep of office facilities
- Front of house duties including reception, looking after visitors, organising catering & logistics for meetings & events
- Purchasing support including raising purchase orders, goods-in distribution, parts handling, supplier co-ordination and asset management
- Supporting other departments across Business Operations with admin tasks as and when required
- Varied tasks as directed by the Office Manager
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the office team’s remit.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- The ability to self-manage and use initiative
- A committed and motivated approach to learning and your own personal development
- A willingness to listen to feedback and learn from mistakes
- Resilience and self-awareness
- The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload in a responsible and organised manner
- By the time you join us 3 A-levels (minimum of 96 UCAS points, grades CCC or equivalent e.g. BTEC MMM)
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- Great attention to detail
- A flexible approach and a willingness to take on new tasks as and when required
- A confident telephone manner
- The ability to welcome guests and deal with their requests politely and efficiently
If English is not your first language, you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
This programme is designed for school leavers and other individuals who do not have a degree. If you’re studying or have a degree, please apply to our student and graduate opportunities.
Details of any travel required as part of your qualification will be clarified during the selection process. We’re happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require.
You’ll need to be available to start with us from September 2019.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.