The product we have developed, like everything the company stands for, is defined by quality. Helping us to develop a brand which creates desire is key to our success.
Surgery is undergoing significant change and there’s an important role for technology to enable the delivery of better surgery. We want to drive the conversation around the future of surgery, engaging with the surgical community and positioning the company as a leading and authoritative voice on what needs to happen to open up access to the right type of surgery for patients around the world.
We are looking for an ambitious senior communications executive to join our growing Marketing team to help drive CMR’s quest to become a thought leader in surgery, seek opportunities to raise the profile of the company, and secure high-profile opportunities to spark a fresh conversation on an area of healthcare that can make a difference to millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
- Follow the bigger conversations happening around the world in the changing nature of surgery and in particular the role of robotics within this context
- Develop materials that enable us to be an active voice in those conversations, whether they are produced as thought-pieces, articles, blogs, the basis of a press release, LinkedIn posts, or any other potential medium
- Research opportunities in CMR’s key markets to participate in wider debates on the future of surgery
- Support the creation of content for our email marketing and social media communication that tie in with our wider marketing campaigns that further develop our brand and reinforce our high-quality high-value offering
- Support in the creation of country specific marketing collateral required by the commercial team as they talk to clients around the world
- Work with the rest of the communications team, ensure that we are well positioned as part of ‘the bigger conversations’ around the future of surgery
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the marketing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- The passion, drive and enthusiasm to make a real difference
- A natural curiosity to research the topics you are writing about
- An eye for detail and a love of the correct use of grammar punctuation
- Experience in marketing or communications for a healthcare organisation (desirable)
- A good understanding of the medical environment and the issues that matter to clinicians (desirable)
- Strong writing skills
- Great project management skills
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!