Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
• Supporting and developing automated build & test system and associated program management tooling
• Assisting in system architecture design deploying and looking after IT systems and services
• Implementation of configuration management solutions and keeping up to date with emerging technologies and tools
We expect candidates to have an appropriate Computer Science, Maths or equivalent degree, with significant industry experience.
• Strong programming and scripting skills are essential, with an emphasis on Python, BASH, C++, C, SQL
• Familiarity with multiple platforms and operating systems – Linux and Windows Server; including custom Linux configuration
• Experience managing, supporting, and using CI/CT systems (preferably TeamCity)
• Familiarity with MS-SQL server, and associated schema design; Jira / Confluence would be advantageous
• Practical knowledge of Cloud deployment (eg AWS), and maintenance of physical servers
• The person should be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and interested in what CMR is seeking to achieve
• Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with creative approach to problem solving
• The person will be a good team-player
• Recruiting to start as soon as available
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.