We’re looking for a creative and technically minded Engineer with some programming skills and a knack for advanced technology in order to support the training of Versius users.
The role will involve working on the improvement of technologies which are currently used for training purposes such as an e-learning platform, a surgical simulator and an educational app. As an engineer working closely with the Professional Education team, you will also help quantify the art of surgery in order to improve surgical outcomes as well as find and suggest interesting advanced technologies that would improve Versius user training!
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical device company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Actively researching and assessing existing educational technologies and understanding relevance to overall goals of the company
- Facilitating and supporting the development, verification and validation of educational technologies for training surgical teams (these could consist of learning management systems as well as virtual, mixed and augmented reality)
- Implementing improvements to training tools such as an e-learning platform, a surgical simulator and a mobile app
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve technical issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Writing technical reports and producing high quality documentation
- Collaborating with internal teams and where appropriate, external contractors, suppliers and agencies to achieve all deliverable targets
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the professional education technology team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A passion for innovative technologies goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A technical degree (e.g. software engineering, maths, physical sciences) or experience of working in a product development environment with a track record of creating high quality written technical documentation
- Some experience in programming
- The willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, to take responsibility and manage own time and tasks
- The ability to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues and external contractors
- A strong attention to detail and a drive to get the details right
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- The eagerness to learn new skills
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- Experience and understanding of website and mobile application development
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of immersive technologies
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.