We are looking for an Electronics Engineer who can help us to extend the market reach of our advanced surgical robotic systems. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to adapt the capabilities of our systems to meet the demands of new markets (e.g. China). To do this you will need to be able to rapidly assimilate in-formation from a variety of technical, operational, standards and regulatory sources and devise technical solutions and documentation that support market entry including compliance with appropriate international and national standards. You will also need to work collaboratively with our international partners and teams.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that
underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team we are looking for someone who can:
- Analyse local market requirements including standards for electrical safety and EMC and identify technical and compliance approaches that satisfy these requirements, including design changes and updates where necessary
- Design, prototype, implement and verify design changes needed to meet the requirements for local markets
- Work with our engineering, manufacturing and operations teams to ensure that solutions and designs are optimised for the intended deployment environment
- Perform compliance testing to confirm that the product meets the relevant standards
- Support product entry into new markets by working in partnership with our international teams including overseas on-site support (e.g. for local standards testing and product introduction)
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would generally expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the electronics engineering remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You will be great at working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, bringing your strong work ethic and proven desire to deliver high quality results. You will have a good degree in electronics engineering or a related discipline and a track record of applying your skills in a product or systems development environment.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A solid grasp of electronics engineering fundamentals and proven experience in the design of electronic systems including digital, analogue and power modules
- Good all-round experience of compliance/standards engineering for products/systems including designing and trouble-shooting to meet safety and EMC standards
- An analytical approach with the ability to quickly grasp complex systems coupled with the curiosity, creativity and tenacity needed to solve complex technical problems
- A good understanding of multi-disciplinary product design and development processes including design verification and design for manufacture and test
- Excellent written skills with the ability to generate accurate yet concise technical documents
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and communicate easily with colleagues from a variety of engineering and manufacturing backgrounds
- Willingness to travel internationally (e.g. China) for periods of up to a few weeks to support product entering a new territory (e.g. compliance testing, NPI etc.)
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience of working within a regulated development environment, ideally in the medical sector or another regulated industry such as automotive, aerospace or industrial control
- Experience of product transfer to manufacture
- Working knowledge of embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.