Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that
underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team we’re looking for someone who can:
- Design highly integrated PCBs which have a mixture of power, digital and analogue electronics for state-of-the-art robotic systems
- Capture schematics and guide the PCB layout process to ensure new and updated designs meet mechanical, regulatory and EMC constraints
- Work with mechanical, software and manufacturing teams to ensure designs are optimised for integration with other system components and the manufacturing process
- Write documentation for requirements, design, test and manufacturing instructions
- Debug issues at PCB and system level and write technical documents to support findings
- Work with internal and external manufacturing partners to help maintain a design that can be manufactured and tested reliably and repeatedly
- Work at all stages of the design cycle from concept and requirements capture through to transfer to manufacture
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the electronics remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
Ideally you will be qualified to degree level in electronics or a related discipline with a few years’ experience developing electronics for real world applications. You will be enthusiastic and proactive and of course, you’ll be a great team player and as keen as we are to produce work to the highest standards.
Required skills and experience
- You will have with a solid grasp of electronics engineering fundamentals and their application to real time systems
- Excellent familiarity with the circuit design process and tools used for schematic capture and circuit simulation
- Deep knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design
- Good understanding of designing for manufacture and test
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with common lab test equipment
- The ability to pair rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
Desirable skills and experience:
- Good understanding of multi-disciplinary product design processes including requirements capture, formal change control, verification, manufacturing processes and risk analysis methods such as FMEAs
- Familiarity with designing to medical, safety and EMC standards
- Experience of designing complex FPGAs and testbenches
- Working knowledge of embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
- Experience designing electronics to meet tight electro-mechanical requirements
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.