We’re offering the opportunity of a fully funded Level 3 Engineering Technician qualification in collaboration with West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds. You will be earning a competitive salary whilst learning and will have the added advantage of gaining industrial experience and relevant work skills which will benefit your long-term career. Let us invest in your future by enabling you to work with and learn from, your colleagues in Manufacturing. In return we’re looking for responsible, talented individuals who are wanting to gain a qualification as well as the on the job experience. Although the Apprenticeship will be a Fixed Term Contract for the duration of the four-year programme, the offer of a permanent position is dependent on personal performance and opportunities within the team. You’ll join us as an Engineering Technician Apprentices to assist with the manufacture and assembly of our state-of-the-art surgical robotic system at our Cambridge site. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can learn on the job, encompassing a range of skills from electronics, test and measurement through to precision mechanical assembly, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Working as part of a close-knit team, this role will see you getting involved in the following tasks:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical sub-systems (e.g. robotic joints) following manufacturing instructions
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies using pre-defined instructions
- Assembly and test of integrated robotic arms and other sub-systems
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated robotic sub-systems, including documentation
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Manufacturing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- The ability to self-manage and use initiative
- A committed and motivated approach to learning and your own personal development
- A willingness to listen to feedback and learn from mistakes
- Resilience and self-awareness
- The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload
- By the time you join us 3 A-levels (minimum of 96 UCAS points, grades CCC or equivalent e.g. BTEC MMM) including at least 1 STEM subject
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
If English is not your first language, you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
This programme is designed for school leavers and other individuals who do not have a degree. If you’re studying or have a degree, please apply to our student and graduate opportunities.
Details of any travel required as part of your qualification will be clarified during the selection process. We’re happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require.
You’ll need to be available to start with us from September 2019.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!