Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm fully-instruments. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.
You’ll help manage the development of professional education programmes to ensure we deliver the very best in surgical team training to the users of Versius as well as foster and develop relationships with professional bodies to support the safe and effective adoption of robotic assisted minimal access surgery.
As a key member of a multi-disciplinary, world-class medical device professional education team, your responsibilities will include:
Partnerships: Partnering with marketing, faculty, vendors and your Professional Education team to effectively deliver Professional Education programs. Facilitating key strategic relationships with faculty, facilities and third-party vendors. Networking with regional and global societies and clinical education providers to support the introduction of universal robotics curriculums to enable the safe and effective adoption of robotic assisted minimal access surgery.
Programme Development: Developing a long term strategy to deliver world-class educational programmes for our European markets. Executing this strategy through prioritised projects with clear objectives, milestones, resource requirements, and deliverables that allow your team to execute quickly and efficiently as a supportive and motivated group.
Developing relationships with faculty, learners, facilities, logistics and vendors to ensure that programmes are executed efficiently, effectively and compliantly whilst delivering excellent service to our customers.
Market and Industry Knowledge: Understanding and applying market, competitor, and health care compliance, legal, and regulatory knowledge. Understanding the external marketplace including competitor offerings and strategy, changing stakeholders, and using this to shape Professional Education planning and anticipate future trends.
Customer Insights: Acquiring insights and translating them to develop a strong understand the unmet needs of the surgical team and how this relates to business objectives.
Technology: Understanding of new and existing technology platforms and utilise them appropriately to effectively engage multiple stakeholders and reinforce key learning concepts.
You’ll need to be enthusiastic about professional education and how it can drive up the effectiveness of robotic or other technology deployments. You’ll enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team, interacting with clinicians, engineers, medical professionals, and business partners and ideally have some, or all the following:
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience of which 5 years must be within the medical device or healthcare industry, either as medical education, marketing, sales, or sales support
- Knowledge of surgical environments, terminology, common surgical procedures, as well as healthcare industry and trends
- Experience of developing strategies to deliver curriculum and training facilitation
- History of leading Professional Education teams and programs, including building an international education team and proven ability to effectively motivate and influence a team of professionals on a regional level
- Ability to build relationships with key customers and opinion leaders
- Proven ability to understand business strategy and translate into learning solutions that support the company’s business goals is also required
- Confidence working with highly technical material, and strong ability to present the complex in clear, simple terms
- Exceptional planning, problem solving and organizational skills; ability to prioritize under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, clear and concise writing and presentation style, particularly when describing technical content
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and use MS Office applications.
We’d also want you to have at least a 2.1 degree from a top university, in Business Administration, Marketing, Life sciences or related field. There may be extensive regional travel (at least 50% of your time might be spent travelling) and you must be flexible in your work hours to accommodate weekend training events.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!