If you’re experienced in facilities maintenance & general logistics, we’ve got just the job for you. Based in Cambridge, this is an exciting opportunity to join our team at the forefront of surgical robotics by maintaining our facilities and providing logistical support to our growing business.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be collaborating with a range of people across the CMR team to provide support in a wide variety of jobs. Working closely with our Facilities and Logistics Coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out general facilities maintenance tasks across the CMR premises in support of the growth and adaption of facilities to enable the company to achieve its aims. This is likely to cover:
- Electrical work (wiring, fitting/replacing lighting, repair and fault-finding)
- Plumbing work (basic repair and fault-finding)
- Carpentry work (basic repair and modification as necessary)
- Painting & decoration
- Ensuring that the sites are kept clean, clear and safe at all times, including routine maintenance and inspection
- Assisting with installation and relocation of furniture, office and lab equipment etc.
- Logistical support including the transfer of equipment, materials, etc. to trials, customer premises and between CMR sites & storage facilities including national & European locations
- Being part of the facilities on-call rota
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything required of your team to help deliver its objectives.
To join our dynamic team, you’ll be reliable, organised, responsible, a great team player and able to demonstrate appropriate experience. We’re also looking for these specific skills:
- Flexibility: you’ll be willing to take on new tasks as and when required
- Confident in liaising with external contractors as necessary
- You should be prepared whole-heartedly to do whatever is asked and required, even if outside of the specific job remit
- You’ll have at least 2 years’ driving experience and be over the age of 25 for company vehicle insurance purposes
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people