We’re looking for a global events and campaign manager with significant experience of working in the healthcare industry to join the growing marketing team. Whilst you’ll be no stranger to working as part of a cohesive marketing team - and all that we get involved with - your main focus will be managing and delivering a global events programme as we rapidly scale our business and build our global brand in key communities.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world. We’re no ordinary company but a challenger brand that seeks to shake up an industry for the benefit of millions of patients world-wide.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
We are enjoying strong demand from around the world for our next generation surgical robotic system across a wide range of surgical specialities where Minimal Access Surgery can offer significant value. As such our events activity represents a vital bridge between CMR and relevant surgical communities. We don’t believe in doing things ‘the same way as all the others’, which makes this a hugely exciting role within the growing marketing team as we build a truly new global brand. As a key member of the team your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage a small events team to deliver our programme of sponsorships conferences, roadshows and in-house developed events
- Build and drive our strategy for a programme of events around the world in line with our commercial and wider business objectives, with buy-in from senior stakeholders across the global business
- Provide continued innovation and creativity in the way we present ourselves at significant surgical conferences around the world; we are committed to building a brand for doing things differently, for the benefit of patients
- Manage the events budgets
- Using your excellent project management skills, you’ll also be instrumental in delivering wider creative marketing campaigns that help get our brand in front of key communities
- Help deliver best-in-class customer experiences irrespective of whether they are external or internal events
- Liaise with other team members such as product marketing, communications, digital, and design to ensure alignment and that events are on message and exposure is maximised.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the marketing team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Significant events management experience, ideally from within the healthcare sector, and a strong appreciation of working within a highly regulated market
- A highly professional, proactive approach to delivering this key function within the marketing group
- An ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects, bringing them all to a successful conclusion
- Experience of managing others
- A persuasive nature, capable of bringing others with you as you deliver your vision of what our events programme could be
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
The role will be based out of Cambridge UK and with significant travel.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.