If you want to get into the fast-growing world of surgical robotics - then this is the role for you. We are recruiting for a number of positions based within the UK & Eire. Focused on supporting and driving commercial excellence at CMR Surgical you will be engaging with a variety of healthcare stakeholders to commercialise the next generation of robotic-assisted surgery devices.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll work as part of the sales group with the remit to meet challenging sales targets in line with the company business plan. You will be part of a multi skilled team that will drive sales in a disruptive new business model, and report into the sales management structure. The role will give you the chance to learn and expand on critical commercial skills, with responsibilities including:
- Contributing to achieve the demanding commercial targets
- Working as part of a multi skilled commercial team to reach these goals
- Uncovering and creating new commercial opportunities
- Changing the paradigm of how robotic systems are sold within the healthcare arena
- Selling to health care providers and within healthcare structures and frameworks
- Helping to create long term relationships with all stakeholders within the healthcare arena
- Working (often) within the Operating Room environment to support the systems
- Creating the ultimate customer satisfaction ratings based on our unique approach
- Helping to disrupt how med tech companies sell into the complex healthcare market
You’ll be a graduate or perhaps you have a few years commercial experience in Medical Devices or another industry – what counts the most is the character of the individual. Can you sell yourself? We also expect you to be highly curious, outgoing and above all be able to demonstrate a self starter attitude. While no previous knowledge of the robotic surgery market is required, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the ability to acquire and assimilate complex concepts quickly.
- You’ll be entering the operating room environment so we’re looking for team members that can face “The sight of blood”. No knowledge of hospitals is required, but you need to understand you’d face that environment (it’s not for everyone)
- You should be comfortable with standard Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel and Word) and be mobile device savvy
- You must be able to work in teams as this will be a fundamental part of the CMR approach to commercialising in this market
- You should be driven by learning, as this role will have a very steep and challenging learning curve
- You’ll be inherently self disciplined, as much of the role will be autonomous and require diligent and persistent follow up
- Sales is never 9 to 5, so you must be flexible in work hours, weekends and open to being called to action at short notice. This may include a degree of international travel
- You will be based in the UK & Eire – we are agnostic about where you are specially located
- We would look for you to join in or around January 2019
- Please ensure that you apply with a covering letter explaining why you want this job and why you would work well as part of our team
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.