We’re looking for dedicated, responsive and ambitious individuals who are keen to develop their career in information technology and cloud services. Our graduate role provides you with the opportunity to support and maintain CMR’s enterprise strategy, software applications, physical infrastructure and cloud services in a rapidly growing and internationalising company.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
CMR Surgical is committed to applying modern best practice to the growth and scale-up of CMR Surgical’s engineering, manufacturing and cloud services. We will provide you with opportunities to develop your career in the following areas:
- Design & maintenance of on premises and cloud-based IT services (database-backed services, file servers, engineering tool chains & associated backup / disaster recovery functions) to optimise performance, reliability & resilience
- Cloud service provision, maintenance and reporting for real-time manufacturing and Versius surgical robotic system in-field feedback
- Design, migration and management, using System Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts, of on-premises IT services into the cloud
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the IT team’s remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
- Naturally, you’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A great communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues across all business areas
- A proactive problem solver, keen to solve both strategic business demands and detailed technical implementation challenges
- Able to rapidly evaluate solutions, services and assess the needs for improvement.
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
We’d love you to have experience in the some of the follow technologies that are in use:
- AWS Cloud Services
- Windows Server / Hyper-V
- Ubuntu, Centos, Windows 10
- Networking, including subnets, WLAN, VLAN, DHCP and DNS, firewall configuration
- Office365, Salesforce, Pardot, Jira, Confluence, Teamcity, Netsuite & associated cloud services
- Python, PowerShell
It’s essential that you’ll to have at least a 2.1 degree in Computer Science, physical sciences, engineering or relevant STEM subject from top university.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.