Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal minimal access surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery and significantly enhanced flexibility. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary manufacturing team testing and integrating innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems, working day to day on:
- The transfer from development to production of established designs and test methodologies
- Delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing test protocols and maintaining configuration control records
- Implementing appropriate test and Inspection methods (with both internal and external partners)
- Identifying and working to implement improvements in production work flows and testing methodologies (with both internal and external partners)
- Carrying out validation as required for equipment, process and inspections
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated robotic sub-systems, including documentation
We’d expect you to have a good (first or upper second) degree in a relevant degree from a top university. Naturally you’ll also be a great team player with a strong work ethic and a demonstrable determination to produce high quality results.
We’re also looking for you to have experience in some, or all, of the below:
- Assembly of complex electro-mechanical products
- First article inspection of mechanical components, including documentation
- Testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies, including documentation
- Generation of detailed assembly and test protocol documentation
- Lab management activities – component stocking, tool storage and management, ordering and specifying of consumables
- The management of calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment
- The requirements of implementing KPI’s
- Carrying out non-conformance investigations in line with the defined CAPA process
- The requirements of change control and documentation control
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
We’ll be reviewing applications in Jan 2019, with interviews being held in late Jan – early Feb 2019.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE