In this challenging role, you'll apply your software skills and mathematical background to problems in the forefront of new robotic technology, to improve the lives of patients through robotic minimal access ("keyhole") surgery.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Working within an exceptional team, you will be expected to:
- Apply a strong mathematical background to real-world problems
- Demonstrate a passion for using theoretical understanding to develop applied software
- Develop and implement creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Demonstrate a rigorous attention to detail
- Apply best practice for software development
You may expect to work on problems as varied as robot kinematics, sensor calibration, control, signal processing, telemetry data analysis and manufacturing test.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to approach new and varied software problems with enthusiasm.
You will have a passion for developing software solutions to applied mathematics problems. We would expect a degree with a 2.1 or above in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physics.
You’ll be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and interested in what CMR is seeking to achieve.
You will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Familiarity with the C programming language
- Fluency in either Numeric Python or MATLAB for algorithm prototyping and / or data analysis
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Robot kinematics / solid body mechanics
- Algorithm optimisation
- Motor control
- Feedback control systems
- Digital Signal Processing
We’d also value experience in these areas:
- A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals and best practice
- Python programming skills
We’d also value experience in:
- Real time embedded systems
You will have a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, with a commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.