We want to hear from talented and ambitious graduate software engineers with a good (first or upper second) degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or related discipline. You’ll be a good team-player, having excellent analytical, theoretical, experimental and creative capabilities.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- You’ll be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and interested in what CMR is seeking to achieve
- Have a strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals and best practise
- Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
- You’ll be able to produce clear and concise design documentation
- Proven interest in software development
- Familiarity with C and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Passion for working close to hardware
Desirable Skills and Experience
- An understanding of C/C++ as used in embedded systems
- Understanding of how software interacts with electronics
- Desire to work in complex multi-processor, multi-threaded real-time systems
- Familiarity with software testing strategies and quality processes
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary product design process
- Appreciation of signal processing / real time control theory would be advantageous
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity, fun and teamwork, and commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.