We want to hear from talented and ambitious graduate software engineers with a good (first or upper second) degree in computer science, engineering, physics or related discipline. You’ll be a good team-player, having excellent analytical, theoretical, experimental and creative capabilities.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal minimal access surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery and significantly enhanced flexibility. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.
- You’ll be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and interested in what CMR is seeking to achieve
- Have a strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals and best practise
- Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
- You’ll be able to produce clear and concise design documentation
- Proven interest in software development
- Familiarity with C and scripting languages (e.g. python)
- Passion for working close to hardware
Desirable Skills and Experience
- An understanding of C/C++ as used in embedded systems
- Understanding of how software interacts with electronics
- Desire to work in complex multi-processor, multi-threaded real-time systems
- Familiarity with software testing strategies and quality processes
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary product design process
- Appreciation of signal processing / real time control theory would be advantageous
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
We’ll be reviewing applications in Jan 2019, with interviews being held in late Jan – early Feb 2019.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE