We’re looking for an experienced, commercially focused individual to lead and guide our growing Global Customer Operations team comprised of customer experience, service and support, and logistics. Leading this team, you will be passionate about being there for our customers and our patients; ensuring world-class customer experience throughout our product lifetime; ensuring our systems are on the ground, up-and-running and fully maintained as required globally.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will be an integral part of the management team providing input to the strategic direction of the business. Working alongside the Head of Internal Customer Operations you will bring decisive leadership to the Customer Operations team, serving our global customer base You will have a passion for delivering excellent customer service for our customers and the surgeons who use Versius and for the millions of patients we are seeking to help.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge, serving the world, is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed and medical devices are delivered for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s the best possible time to join us.
- Devise and execute strategy to build CMR Surgical as a global leader in customer service within the Medical Device sector
- Take ownership of critical customer engagements, making improvements and managing complaints and issues through to resolution
- Work with CMR’s customers to tailor and improve the customer experience balancing warmth and the human touch with scalability that world-class technology and systems allow for
- Drive a continuous improvement culture, encouraging all to learn from root cause analysis of complaints and customer feedback ensuring solutions are embedded and improvements delivered to our customers
- Work with the Head of Internal Customer Operations to scale out customer service experience to multiple geographies
- Instil a passion for excellent customer experience throughout the Service, Customer Experience and Logistics teams motivating them to deliver outstanding customer service
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure root cause analysis feedback is addressed and that you and your team are aware of and understand new products / product improvements / product design changes and impact on key stakeholders
- Lead the identification, design and prioritisation of customer process improvement opportunities
- Understand and analyse customer support activities providing insights to actively inform business change priorities to facilitate delivery of a consistent high-quality end-to-end customer experience
- Ensure the Customer Operations function delivers against strategic objectives, core KPIs and efficiency targets across all regions of operation
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Customer Operations remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- excellent people skills with experience of leading global customer operations, field service and customer experience teams in a relevant field. The unique challenge is to support healthcare professionals using state of the art robotic technology. Experience drawn from other industries such as robotics, automotive or aviation would be an advantage.
- a passion for the use of big data, machine learning and technology to enhance the customer experience
- previous experience of Service and Operations leadership from an urgent, ‘mission critical’ technical service environment
- a proven track record throughout your education and professional career demonstrating how you have seized every opportunity and have excelled in each and every experience.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as being highly customer focused, motivated and outcome driven.
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- a demonstrable interest in how new service and delivery approaches can transform surgery and healthcare
- a strong desire for continuous self-improvement and change
- a proven track record of consistent SLA delivery and KPI achievement
- an action-oriented approach, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem.
- teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity
- strong planning, scheduling and organisation skills
- an ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- A good undergraduate degree in business, computer science, other business/tech field, MBA or equivalent work experience
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.