We’re looking for an experienced, focussed individual to lead and guide our growing Global Information and Data Services team ensuring Versius can talk with the office base! You will be passionate about the service we are providing for our customers, our patients; and our employees around the world ensuring world-class IT and data services are always there when needed.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will be an integral part of the management team providing input to the strategic direction of the business.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge, serving the world, is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed and medical devices are delivered for the benefit of mil-lions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s the best possible time to join us.
- Develop IT & data strategy to serve growing and globally expanding business
- Lead the development and deployment of technical solutions, IT services, applications & infrastructure to meet the needs of our demanding users & customers in a fast-paced environment
- Maximise the opportunities for use of the latest IT & data service technology, leading the specification, evaluation and sourcing of modern cloud based services
- Trade off ‘build or buy’ decisions and follow a bespoke strategy to meet business objectives
- Drive a continuous improvement culture, encouraging all to learn from root cause analysis of com-plaints and customer feedback ensuring solutions are embedded and improvements delivered
- Instil a passion for excellent user experience through all data and IT services
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our software, data & analytics and business intelligence teams to ensure that a joined-up and unified approach to data services is followed
- Lead the identification, design and prioritisation of process improvement opportunities
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Business Operations remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- excellent people skills with experience of leading global information and data services teams
- experience from related disciplines such as software engineering, DevOps, infrastructure as code, data science would be an advantage
- a proven track record throughout your education and professional career demonstrating how you have seized every opportunity and have excelled in each and every experience
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as being highly customer focused, motivated and outcome driven
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- a strong desire for continuous self-improvement and change
- a proven track record of consistent SLA delivery and KPI achievement
- a scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity
- strong planning, scheduling and organisation skills
- an ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
You’ll have in-depth experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud solutions and technologies (AWS, Google)
- Physical/virtual IT infrastructure & services; including multiple technologies and the elements of an end to end service (workstation, application, network, virtualisation, storage)
- Specifying, creating, and delivering IT infrastructure projects to meet critical business needs; with a particular focus on project work, from initial design / architect new solutions through to hands-on implementation
- New technology deployment at new sites supporting business expansion both in the UK and internationally
- Maintaining and monitoring network, security and computer management systems and will be taking a lead on key projects for system builds and modifications
- Software development processes, IT technology, cloud infrastructure; (combined with an ability and willingness to hands-on problem solve)
- MSc / PhD in Computer Science or related discipline. MBA would be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.