We’re looking for an experienced, commercially focussed individual to shape, lead and guide our growing manufacturing and supply chain need. Building and leading this team, you will be passionate about scaling the manufacture of the Versius surgical robotic system and so ensure that more patients can benefit from robotically assisted surgery.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Director, you will be an integral part of the manufacturing and supply chain senior leadership team, with a specific focus on developing the strategic direction for expanding CMR’s production and supply chain capabilities for Versius and its accessories.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge, serving the world, is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robotic system. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed and medical devices are delivered for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are to be ambitious, humble, people focused and fair & responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is manufactured, developed and delivered, then it’s the best possible time to join us.
- Devise strategy, specify and deliver infrastructure to scale out manufacturing capability of CMR’s Versius surgical robotic system
- Strategy needs to cater for high volume manufacturing processes, with a mix of domestic and offshore facilities
- Versius ecosystem includes both high volume consumables and lower volume high complexity robotic systems
- Plan for global scale out, including development of global supply chains (inbound and outbound)
- Build relationships with current and future key suppliers
- Support and influence the development of scalable manufacturing processes
- Work closely with design teams to improve manufacturability of the design to achieve scale-up.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Manufacturing and Supply Chain remit that helps the team deliver its scale-out objectives.
We expect that you are a well networked, strategic thinker with significant experience in the establishment of complex global supply chain & volume manufacturing solutions. In addition, we’d like you to have:
- excellent people skills with experience of working with wide range of leading global manufacturing partners
- familiarity with medical device regulations (ISO13485 and GMP)
- experience in building and leading focussed team. Experience drawn from other relevant industries such as robotics, automotive or aviation would be an advantage.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as being highly customer focused, motivated and outcome driven.
- a passion for the use of big data, machine learning and technology to enhance the productivity of manufacturing and supply chains
- teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- proven leadership skills and a genuine desire to help and support team members to achieve their best
- consistent SLA delivery and KPI achievement
- strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- strong planning, scheduling and organisation skills
- an ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity; a track record throughout your education and professional career demonstrating how you have seized every opportunity and have excelled in each.
In addition, it would be desirable for you to have experience of working with Far East and Eastern European manufacturing
- Top degree in engineering, manufacturing or related discipline
- MBA or relevant business strategy qualification would be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.