We’re looking for a highly experienced, driven, quality focused, Head of Supply Chain for our consumables group, responsible for development of the supply chain for surgical instruments, sterile drapes, and accessories for the Versius surgical robotic system. The role requires you have a passion for growing the supply chain to produce exceptionally high-quality product to the large-scale volumes needed to help bring the next generation of surgical-assist robot to market.
If you’re an inspiring and motivating leader, who enjoys leading a focussed, determined, and dedicated supply chain team to achieve high priority objectives and quality goals, this could be the right opportunity for you! You’ll need to be a forward thinker who will thrive in a fast paced, developing and ever-changing high-tech environment and have experience of working with industrialisation engineers and suppliers to deliver the best outcome.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Director, you will take a hands-on approach to managing the day to day running of the consumables supply chain within the group taking overall responsibility for industrialisation, supplier development and validation, second sourcing, and procurement planning.
You will have the skills to:
Plan and manage the industrialisation projects running within the consumables supply chain;
Validate the suppliers for quality and capability;
Bring world class, best practise, sustainable procurement principles to the running the team;
Bring up second source suppliers in different target geographies around the world;
Establish, execute and monitor long term procurement plans for high volume product;
Manage, mentor, and grow through recruitment the consumables supply chain team.
Through providing direction to CMR’s consumables supply chain team, you’ll be able to make a real impact on the output quality and efficiency of critical production of instruments, drapes, and accessories to meet customer demand.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! As we grow roles will also change and evolve and as a result, we’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the consumables supply chain remit that helps the team deliver its objectives. Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Having overall responsibility for the consumables supply chain team through effective planning and communication of company vision and team objectives.
- Managing the execution of multiple industrialisation, supplier bring-up, and procurement work-streams to ensure on-time delivery of product to the customer.
- Supplier selection, assessment, approval, and validation.
- Establishing strong links with the design teams to ensure that suppliers meet the quality requirements from the engineering requirements.
- Supplier negotiations including establishing commercial and quality terms to ensure stable, long term supply
- Managing scale-up in the supply of consumables, working with commercial teams to establish demand models and ensure no shortages at the customer site
- Bringing best-practise sustainable procurement principals to CMR
- Supporting with recruitment, training and motivating employees to set the highest standards possible for quality, efficiency, technical capability, GMP compliance, collaboration and teamwork
- Establishing regular and efficient management reporting against plan and budget for the industrialisation and procurement activities for the consumables team portfolio of product.
- Managing the interfaces between the consumables supply chain function and the wider company
- Demonstrating leadership by ensuring decision making and communication are focused on the companies’ vision and values.
You will have experience of operating at an upper senior management level in the volume sourcing of product in a highly regulated industry, preferably with experience of ISO 13486 certification and FDA GMP.
We anticipate you will have:
- Excellent communication skills with an extensive background in the day-to-day management of a supply chain team, encompassing:
- Industrialisation of the design
- Assessment of suppliers’ capabilities
- Negotiation of contract terms
- Management of supplier bring-up
- Establishing, executing, and monitoring a high-volume procurement plan
- Significant project-management track-record for on-time and on-budget delivery
- A proven ability in leading and developing teams, having successfully managed a high-volume supply chain for the production of complex, regulated, mechanical technologies (ideally medical device related) including preferably:
- Moulded parts: plastics and MIM
- Machined componentry
- Management of contract manufacturers
- An innovative approach to problem solving within a progressive modern supply chain incorporating out-sourced manufacturing.
- A flexible and responsive approach with the ability to differentiate and prioritise between multiple conflicting priorities without losing sight of long-term strategic objectives
- A good degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience combined with a successful track record of manufacturing engineering in a high-tech, low volume, high quality environment
- If you don’t have direct experience of a medical device manufacturing environment, you may have worked in an highly regulated industry such as automotive or aerospace.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.