Want to get into the fast-growing world of surgical robotics? How about working in a commercial team with a radically different culture and a customer focussed approach to incentivising performance? CMR Surgical are recruiting for an Implementation Specialist based in France.
In this role, you will:
• Be an expert in VERSIUS and provide a concierge-style service to those working closely with the system
• Consult with hospital operational management & theatre teams
• Provide ongoing advice and guidance to maximise utilisation of the system enabling best value from contracts
• Undertake case support & troubleshooting in the O.R. for surgical teams who are trained to use VERSIUS - the next generation of robotic assisted surgical systems
Why join us?
CMR is one of the most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
VERSIUS Concierge – Critical to delivering against our contracted Service Level Agreements with customers, you will support and maximum uptime of VERSIUS. To achieve this, you will build lasting, engaging relationships with VERSIUS steering groups, providing regular service deliver reviews, consulting on and deploying CAPA to improve related process’ and to ensure efficient patient throughput and system utilisation in-line with contracted case volumes.
Deliver an unparalleled customer experience – The days of putting customers under pressure to place orders to hit quotas are long gone. Instead, performance reviews and incentive schemes are linked directly to customer satisfaction. We are raising the bar. We want every customer to consider us a valued partner – and you will be our brand ambassador.
Pave the way for change – At CMR, no-one ‘owns’ hospitals, we don’t compete with one another – we do great work together and help one another to improve. You will be surrounded by a diverse group of caring, funny, highly intelligent, hard-working people within a culture of ambition & creativity with a common goal – to bring high quality, minimally invasive surgery to more people. As you become a seasoned member of the team, you will be responsible for mentoring new members of the team, hiring future colleagues, and representing the business at conferences and exhibitions, nationally and on occasion, internationally.
- Evidenced experience in Operating Room process management or hospital staff education development/training
- Business Acumen- Ability to function within an executive business environment
- Training Ability – demonstrated commitment to customer and peer training, specifically related to advanced technology within a clinical environment
- Interdependent Partnering – demonstrated record/examples of cooperating across functions
- Inherently Self Disciplined – much of the role will be autonomous and require diligent and persistent follow up
- Highly Organised – you will be responsible for a variety of key planning and coordinating activities including customer visits for dry box and wet lab test-drives of Versius
- You are based preferably in Central France and have a willingness to travel nationally 3-4 days/week with occasional international travel
- Life science degree preferred or equivalent clinical/medical degree or experience
- Experience of Minimal Access Surgery, Navigation and/or Robotics
You will be fluent in French (native speaker equivalent) and have an excellent professional knowledge of English.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.