The product we have developed, like everything the company stands for, is defined by quality. Helping us to develop a brand which creates desire is key to our success. Surgery is undergoing significant change and there’s an important role for technology to enable the delivery of better surgery. We want to drive the conversation around the future of surgery, engaging with the surgical community and positioning the company as a leading and authoritative voice on what needs to happen to open up access to the right type of surgery for patients around the world.
It is hard for us to say exactly what you will be involved in during your internship as the opportunities vary depending on the area of the business that you join, but we can guarantee you will be doing real work in a real company! We have no side projects; your work will add value from day one. You will be included in day to day tasks and take on responsibility in great teams alongside great people!
You will be:
• in your final year of A Levels (or equivalent) looking for a gap year internship of at least 9 months
• applying for your 1-year Industrial Placement as part of your university course
• be at University looking for something to keep you busy in summer 2020, for a minimum of 12 weeks, whilst gaining valuable and relevant work experience!
An internship in our marketing team is suited to students interested in a career in the following roles / areas: communications, PR, product marketing, digital marketing and / or marketing design.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
What will you will get involved in whilst you are with us? Here are a few examples:
- Product marketing: conduct desk research on surgical procedures, cost and healthcare structure across different countries and continents
- Communications: help to develop materials that enable us to be an active voice in healthcare conversations around the globe, whether they are produced as thought-pieces, articles, blogs, the basis of a press release, LinkedIn posts, or any other potential medium
- Digital marketing: support the creation of content for our email marketing and social media communication that tie in with our wider marketing campaigns that further develop our brand and reinforce our high-quality high-value offering
- Events: help with the preparation and coordination of external events happening across multiple different countries
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the marketing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
The list might look long and fairly vague but we will give you more information at the interview stage and, if successful in securing an internship with us, one of the team will be in touch closer to your start date with a more specific overview!
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A strong academic background
- A “can-do” attitude is essential: good at “getting things done”
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to develop new skills
- A passion for pursuing hobbies or interests outside of school/college
Ideally you will be going into university to study or be currently undertaking a degree in marketing or a relevant discipline. Additional European language skills would be a bonus!
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package alongside awesome activities like our infamous monthly BBQs, indoor climbing wall and movie nights! On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
How do I apply?
Find the internship on our website that you are most interested in and submit your application via the link! Please do not email us a copy of your application too as the volume will just be too much for us to handle!
What is the closing date for applications?
When the opportunity is filled, it will be gone! So make sure to submit your application as soon as you can!
When will I hear back from you?
We are going through a very busy period of recruitment at the moment so unfortunately cannot get back to everyone! If you haven’t heard from us by 28 February 2020 then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
When and where will interviews be held?
These will be from January 2020 onwards and will be in Cambridge where the team are based so you can have a tour of site where you will be!
What if more than one opportunity is of interest to me?
We’d appreciate if you apply for a maximum of 2 internships with us and specify in your cover letter which is your preferred – this will ensure your application is forwarded to the relevant hiring manager!
Should I include a cover letter?
Always! Tell us something your CV doesn’t, tell us about you!