The Support team offers incredibly dynamic roles that are involved with all areas of the organisation. With a welcoming and supportive team, there is a strong sense of camaraderie amongst colleagues. Support regularly collaborates with everyone in the company, giving visibility to various departments and operations throughout the organisation. Our team is involved with a wide range of tasks, including supplier coordination, procurement, the visitor experience, travel logistics and general administration. There are plenty of opportunities for development and growth within the team, and provide project support to other teams within the organisation.
It is hard for us to say exactly what you will be involved in during your internship as the opportunities vary depending on the area of the business that you join, but we can guarantee you will be doing real work in a real company! We have no side projects; your work will add value from day one. You will be included in day to day tasks and take on responsibility in great teams alongside great people!
You will be:
• in your final year of A Levels (or equivalent) looking for a gap year internship of at least 9 months
• applying for your 1-year Industrial Placement as part of your university course
• be at University looking for something to keep you busy in summer 2020, for a minimum of 12 weeks, whilst gaining valuable and relevant work experience!
An internship in our support team is suited to students interested in a career in the following roles / areas: business support and administration.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
What will you will get involved in whilst you are with us? Here are a few examples:
- Supporting internal departments with various admin and project tasks.
- Organising internal events including, but not limited to, monthly BBQ’s, summer and Christmas parties.
- Supporting the travel team with travel logistics and prepping travel packs.
- Organisation of office facilities and office upkeep
- Working with the team to ensure a first-class experience for all our visitors.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the support remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
The list might look long and fairly vague but we will give you more information at the interview stage and, if successful in securing an internship with us, one of the team will be in touch closer to your start date with a more specific overview!
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A strong academic background in a related subject / course and some relevant work experience
- A “can-do” attitude is essential: good at “getting things done”
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to develop new skills
- A passion for pursuing hobbies or interests outside of school/college
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package alongside awesome activities like our infamous monthly BBQs, indoor climbing wall and movie nights! On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
How do I apply?
Find the internship on our website that you are most interested in and submit your application via the link! Please do not email us a copy of your application too as the volume will just be too much for us to handle!
What is the closing date for applications?
When the opportunity is filled, it will be gone! So make sure to submit your application as soon as you can!
When will I hear back from you?
We are going through a very busy period of recruitment at the moment so unfortunately cannot get back to everyone! If you haven’t heard from us by 28 February 2020 then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
When and where will interviews be held?
These will be from January 2020 onwards and will be in Cambridge where the team are based so you can have a tour of site where you will be!
What if more than one opportunity is of interest to me?
We’d appreciate if you apply for a maximum of 2 internships with us and specify in your cover letter which is your preferred – this will ensure your application is forwarded to the relevant hiring manager!
Should I include a cover letter?
Always! Tell us something your CV doesn’t, tell us about you!