Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
What will you will get involved in whilst you are with us? Here are a few examples:
- Troubleshooting and repair of our advanced integrated surgical robotic systems
- Owning customer issues from identification of issue through to resolution, maintaining great customer satisfaction
- Provide technical support to surgeons, clinical teams and internal CMR teams including Commercial, Marketing, Professional Education and Clinical
- Helping develop CMR’s technical support & service processes
- Maintaining customer service logs, internal service records and accurate configurations of the installed base, ensuring Quality procedures are followed and further developed for efficient scale up
- Providing feedback to and collaborating with our Engineering Development and Manufacturing teams
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the service and support remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
The list might look long and fairly vague but we will give you more information at the interview stage and, if successful in securing an internship with us, one of the team will be in touch closer to your start date with a more specific overview!
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A strong academic background
- A “can-do” attitude is essential: good at “getting things done”
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to develop new skills
- A passion for pursuing hobbies or interests outside of school/college
Ideally you will be going into university to study or be currently undertaking a degree in engineering, physics or related discipline. You will have a grasp / interest in learning electronics and software engineering fundamentals. Fluency in a second European language is desirable!
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package alongside awesome activities like our legendary monthly BBQs, indoor climbing wall and movie nights! On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
How do I apply?
Find the internship on our website that you are most interested in and submit your application via the link! Please do not email us a copy of your application too as the volume will just be too much for us to handle!
What is the closing date for applications?
When the opportunity is filled, it will be gone! So make sure to submit your application as soon as you can!
When will I hear back from you?
We are going through a very busy period of recruitment at the moment so unfortunately cannot get back to everyone! If you haven’t heard from us by 28 February 2020 then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
When and where will interviews be held?
These will be from January 2020 onwards and will be in Cambridge where the team are based so you can have a tour of site where you will be!
What if more than one opportunity is of interest to me?
We’d appreciate if you apply for a maximum of 2 internships with us and specify in your cover letter which is your preferred – this will ensure your application is forwarded to the relevant hiring manager!
Should I include a cover letter?
Always! Tell us something your CV doesn’t, tell us about you!