We’re looking for an individual to lead internal communications, working with a range of colleagues and stakeholders across the business.
Reporting into the Chief People Officer, you will be part of the People function, working closely with colleagues to help teams communicate effectively, navigate change and build engagement while drawing our people together to work towards achieving our Company mission. You will take a hands-on approach in creating strategy and building campaigns, activities and supporting teams to engage employees.
You will have a passion for detail and excellence, and your collaborative nature and logical approach will enable you to confidently work with a range of stakeholders across the global business, to ensure successful outcomes are achieved.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice and guidance on internal communications matters and work with others to deliver effective communications.
- Manage development and delivery of global internal communications activities, including employee, leader and change communications
- Proactively identify, develop and deliver accurate, clear and compelling internal communications materials, campaigns and activities spanning all business activities in a timely way
- Advise, coach and work closely with internal stakeholders, including our CMR leadership team on events/issues that need to be communicated internally
- Ensure alignment of internal communications activities across business functions and global locations to maximise effectiveness and reach, working with external-facing communication teams where appropriate
- Evaluate and lead on our internal communications processes and channels such as Microsoft Teams , The Street (our intranet), emails etc and share the responsibility for disseminating announcements when appropriate
- Measurement of effectiveness of communication approaches, provision of analysis and recommendations to drive improvements
You will be a natural communicator and have the following traits and experience:
- Understanding of how communications can impact employees and influence their behaviours
- Excellent writing, project management, planning, and multi-channel communications experience (particularly digital)
- Knowledge of the range and variety of communications channels, platforms and processes to ensure effective and timely communication and engagement
- Experience of managing different stakeholder relationships, confident at forging trusted relationships at a senior level
- Ability to deliver internal communication solutions that contribute to improving business performance
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to build good relationships across businesses, functions and geographies
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage and work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of internal and external social media and the latest channels/platforms and how social media can be used to enhance engagement, collaboration and advocacy
- Experience working in a fast-paced internal communications team or similar communications environment
- Experience of developing, delivering and measuring internal communications to achieve tangible outcomes
- Experience of analytics systems and measurement reporting
- Inquisitive mindset
- Strategic thinker looking outside to bring new approaches to continually reinvigorate outputs and improve the effectiveness of approaches
- Proactive with high levels of self-motivation and personal accountability, bringing enthusiasm to team
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.