We are looking for a keen individual with great communication and time management skills to join our growing Goods Inwards / Inventory team. You’ll have a positive and proactive attitude, an eye for detail and be willing to get involved with any task that comes your way so that as a team we can achieve our goals and targets. CMR is one of the region’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. You have an unparalleled opportunity to work on the branding of one of Cambridge’s fastest growing companies.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it is a great time to join us.
As part of our Goods-in/ Inventory Control team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Accurately pick, pack & despatch all shipments out including small & pallet shipments
- Accurately update transactions onto the Stock management system
- Ensure all inbound/outbound shipments are booked accordingly
- Coordinate CMR supply chain procedures to maximise quality of delivery
- Maintain updated records of Master data as appropriate to role
- Provide information to customers about the status of their orders and help assist with any queries as a result
- Carry out stock counts as and when appropriate
- Plan & manage small volume stock to ensure FIFO & that the warehouse is both safe & tidy
- Promote to the CMR team best practice in relation to the process
- To work and interact with suppliers, customers and all internal CMR customers as required ensuring that clear lines of communication are maintained across multiple teams
- Assist Inventory Coordinator, Goods-In Coordinator, and other team members when needed to meet schedule
- Work with managers and team members to implement new strategies and initiatives
- Promote a culture of positive safety behaviours through your own actions as appropriate
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Physical stock management experience within a Stores / Goods Inwards / Despatch environment
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
- A good understanding of import/export documentation
- Experience of communicating with customs offices worldwide (desired but not essential)
- Proven experience of working within a busy time sensitive environment, working under pressure
- Have the ability to effectively prioritise workload and juggle tasks accordingly
- Have the ability to create accurate reports in Excel
- Have an understanding of utilising a computer-based Stock management system within ERP
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly company end of sprints and BBQ breakfasts). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!