We’re looking for dedicated, responsive and ambitious individuals who are keen to develop their career in information technology, software development and cloud services. Our graduate scheme provides you with the opportunity to support and maintain CMR’s enterprise strategy, software applications, physical infrastructure and cloud services in a rapidly growing and internationalising company.
CMR Surgical is committed to applying modern best software engineering practice to the growth and scale-up of CMR Surgical’s engineering, manufacturing and cloud services. Our graduate scheme will provide you with opportunities to develop your career in the following areas:
- Design & maintenance of on premises IT services (database-backed services, file servers, engineering tool chains & associated backup / disaster recovery functions) to optimise performance, reliability & resilience
- Cloud service provision, maintenance and reporting for real-time manufacturing and Versius surgical robotic system in-field feedback
- Design, migration and management, using System Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts, of on-premises IT services into the cloud
- DevOps development to support a complex set of continuous integration needs (including integration testing on real robotic hardware – developers commit and a robot moves!)
- Design & development of business intelligence analytics tools and platforms to ensure the business functions efficiently
Naturally, you’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A great communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues across all business areas
- A proactive problem solver, keen to solve both strategic business demands and detailed technical implementation challenges
- Able to rapidly evaluate solutions, services and assess the needs for improvement.
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
We’d love you to have experience in the some of the follow technologies that are in use:
- AWS & Google Cloud Services
- Elastic search, Jupyter, Hadoop
- Windows Server / Hyper-V
- Ubuntu, Centos, Windows 10
- Networking, including subnets, WLAN, VLAN, DHCP and DNS, firewall configuration
- Office365, Salesforce, Pardot, Jira, Confluence, Teamcity, Netsuite & associated cloud services
- Python, PowerShell, BASH scripting
It’s essential that you’ll to have at least a 2.1 degree in Computer Science, physical sciences, engineering or relevant subject from top university.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal minimal access surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery and significantly enhanced flexibility. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.
We’ll be reviewing applications in Jan 2019, with interviews being held in late Jan – early Feb 2019.
Interested? Then send your application to email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE