We’re offering the opportunity of a fully funded BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree in collaboration with Anglia Ruskin University. You will be earning a competitive salary whilst learning and most importantly without the debt! You’ll have the added advantage of gaining industrial experience and relevant work skills which will benefit your long-term career. Let us invest in your future by enabling you to work with and learn from, your colleagues in IT.
In return we’re looking for responsible, talented individuals who are seeking an alternative to the more ‘traditional’ University route.
Although the Apprenticeship will be a Fixed Term Contract for the duration of the four-year programme, the offer of a permanent position is dependent on personal performance and opportunities within the team.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Providing IT assistance to the business.
- Working collaboratively within the IT Support Team to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure, computers and applications meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment.
- Setting up new IT infrastructure and office moves.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the IT remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
Naturally, you’ll be keen to start a career in IT and be able to prove your interest in IT Support. You’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with all colleagues (IT team, software developers, engineers and commercial teams). You’ll be wiling to learn and understand how to explain technical IT issues to non-technical users.
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
You’ll have good knowledge of:
- PC and laptop hardware
And a keen interest in developing your skills and knowledge in:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting Windows desktop OS
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to system users
- Basic programming/scripting
- Basic networking
- AWS and other cloud infrastructure
In addition, we’d like you to have:
- The ability to self-manage and use initiative
- A committed and motivated approach to learning and your own personal development
- A willingness to listen to feedback and learn from mistakes
- Resilience and self-awareness
- The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload
- By the time you join us 3 A-levels (minimum of 112 UCAS points, grades BBC or equivalent e.g. BTEC DMM) including at least 1 STEM subject
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- Keen to provide a 1st class level of customer support ensuring that all users are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
If English is not your first language, you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
This programme is designed for school leavers and other individuals who do not have a degree. If you’re studying or have a degree, please apply to our student and graduate opportunities.
Details of any travel required as part of your qualification will be clarified during the selection process. We’re happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require.
You’ll need to be available to start with us from September 2019.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!