We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and energetic IT support assistant as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to support and maintain our IT infrastructure and demanding user base in a rapidly growing and innovative organisation, then this is for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing IT assistance to the business.
- Working collaboratively within the IT Support Team to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure, computers and applications meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment.
- Setting up new IT infrastructure and office moves.
Naturally, you’ll be keen to start or continue a career in IT and be able to prove your interest in IT Support. You’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with all colleagues (IT team, software developers, engineers and commercial teams). You” be able to explain technical IT issues to non-technical users.
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
- Keen to provide a 1st class level of customer support ensuring that all users are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time and tasks.
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
You’ll have good knowledge of:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting Windows desktop OS
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to system users
- PC and laptop hardware
Some knowledge of:
- Basic programming/scripting
- Basic networking
- AWS and other cloud infrastructure
- Linux operating system
We also want you to have at least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a top university. CMR will provide on the job training if needed. Experience working in IT support or people facing would be advantageous. With multiple sites to look after, we’d like you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!