We’re seeking a highly professional and personable individual who is going to take a natural lead on our dynamic and fast-paced reception. Could you bring enthusiasm, organisation and take ownership of our front of house?
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You will be the first point of contact, either on the telephone or in person, with a professional, efficient and welcoming manner. Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing front of house activities ensuring all parties have a smooth and efficient experience from the moment they arrive to when they leave
- Managing activities including catering, logistics, booking travel and many more
- Ensuring front of house and meeting rooms are welcoming and presentable areas
- Answering switchboard calls, forwarding calls and taking messages
- Managing meeting room bookings, resolving conflicts and maintaining high utilisation of rooms including diary management of internal processes
- General administrative support and office upkeep
- Supporting the Office & Business Support Manager in areas such as productivity, quality and continuous improvement by creating and implementation processes for best practice policies
- Working and communicating with internal teams as well as external stakeholders
- Ensuring front of house is sufficiently covered at all times
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the office & business support remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator with a keen eye for detail hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Significant, relevant experience in a similar front of house position in a flexible, agile, fast-paced working environment
- Previous experience of training, mentoring and leading more junior members of the team is essential
- A flexible working style that won’t be daunted by a wide range of tasks and varied time pressures / deadlines
- A reliable, responsible and organised approach, being able to work both independently and part of a team
- Strong appreciation for the importance of excellent customer service both on the phone and in person
- The ability to build good working relationships and developing an effective rapport with all colleagues and external stakeholders
- Good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We are open to considering applicants on both a full time and part time basis!
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.