We’re looking for an in-house legal counsel to join the CMR team! Reporting into the Finance Director we envisage this could be a part time role for someone looking to work two to three days per week. You must be proactive and confident in providing sound advice across the business, able to work independently and be excited about working in a fast paced in house role!
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Review and provide the business with robust guidance and advice, highlighting risk on commercial contracts, distribution and supply agreements
- Be the internal point of reference for legal and compliance issues, including data privacy and medtech codes of ethics.
- Management of specialist external legal counsel in the various jurisdictions in which the group operates
- Work globally with colleagues providing advice and highlighting risk
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- experience of reviewing and negotiating long-term contracts and providing pragmatic advice to the business
- experience of selecting and managing a wider team of advisors, calling on specialist expertise when required
- previous experience in house would be beneficial but not essential
- experience working in medical devices would be advantageous
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.