We’re looking for a bright, ambitious Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing manufacturing team. You will be a core member of the manufacturing engineering team working on the development, optimisation and scale up of manufacturing processes for the assembly of our cutting-edge robotic surgical system.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary manufacturing team testing and integrating innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems, working day to day on:
- Supporting the transfer of established designs from development to production:
- Developing pilot processes for new product designs and design changes.
- Providing DfX input to the product design, supply chain and servicing processes.
- Generating process design documentation, work instructions and specifications.
- Establishing appropriate in-process Inspection and measurement methods.
- Assisting in the validation of equipment, process and inspection methods.
- Compiling and reviewing Design History Records produced by the manufacturing team.
- Monitoring process performance ensuring a consistent output is achieved:
- Analysing data to determine process stability
- Raising non-conformance reports and carrying out root cause analysis on non-conforming processes or components in line with the defined CAPA process.
- Carrying out risk management activities such as Health and Safety Risk assessments and Process FMEA including the implementation and communication of mitigation actions.
- Optimising stock management on the production line.
- Contributing to the development of our MRP system.
We’d expect you to have a relevant degree or experience from a relevant industry at a similar level. Naturally you’ll also be a great team player with a strong work ethic and a demonstrable determination to produce high quality results.
We’re also looking for you to have experience in some or all of the below:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to guide technicians in root cause investigation and troubleshooting of individual builds.
- Working in medical devices industry, particularly ISO13485 and/or FDA CFR21 Part 820 in line with Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Practical design and assembly of complex electro-mechanical products, jigs and tooling.
- First article inspection of mechanical components, including documentation.
- Interpretation of technical drawings and generation of detailed assembly and test protocol documentation.
- The management of calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment.
- The requirements of change control and documentation control.
- Experience working within new or established production environments.
- Production management activities – tool storage and management, ordering and specifying of consumables.
- CAD – mechanical design experience in general (SolidWorks preferred).
- A basic understanding of electro-mechanical interactions.
- Experience with component and assembly drawings, including GD&T.
- Managing small, well defined projects to budget and timelines.
- Manufacturing facility design and specification
- Six Sigma
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.