We’re looking for a bright, ambitious Software Engineer to join our growing manufacturing team. You will be involved in integrating, testing and establishing manufacturing of our cutting-edge robotic technology for keyhole surgery.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
As a Manufacturing Software Engineer you will be at the forefront of tools development that enables the verification of products produced in CMRs manufacturing processes. This will require the production of functional tests that proves our products meet their predefined specifications. The ability to communicate cross functionally with software, electronics and mechanical design teams is essential. A key part of the role will be facilitating the implementation of any necessary updates through CMRs change control process, generating documentation and performing additional re-validation as necessary. This is an exciting opportunity that iterates the entire software development lifecycle on a regular basis.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating small projects to deliver new or updated software tools.
- Creating clear and efficient documentation.
- Producing code according to CMRs coding standards, generally using Python.
- Defining and executing automated test suites and validation tests.
- Contributing to test specification to meet product design requirements.
We’d expect you to have a good (first or upper second) relevant degree from a top university. In addition, you’ll have at least two years of experience from a relevant industry. Naturally you’ll also be a great team player with a strong work ethic and a demonstrable determination to produce high quality results.
We’re also looking for you to have the following level of experience:
- Highly skilled in Python programming.
- Familiarity with embedded systems and knowledge of C would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with SQL and database design and management.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with source control such as Git or SVN.
- A strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals and best practise.
- Confident implementing automated test suites and manual ‘black-box’ tests.
- Familiar with software specification and validation methodology.
- An understanding of basic electronics concepts and measurement techniques.
- An understanding of basic mechanical concepts and measurement techniques.
- A basic understanding of process and equipment validation.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.