We are looking for manufacturing technicians to carry out the manufacture and assembly of our state-of-the-art surgical robotic system at our Cambridge site. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can learn on the job encompassing a range of skills from electronics, test and measurement through to precision mechanical assembly, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Working as part of a close-knit team, this role will see you taking responsibility for:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical sub-systems (e.g. robotic joints) following manufacturing instructions
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies using pre-defined instructions
- Assembly and test of integrated robotic arms and other sub-systems
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated robotic sub-systems, including documentation
It’s taken for granted that you’ll be great at working as part of a team, bringing your strong work ethic and a proven desire to deliver high quality results. We’d also like you to have:
- A can-do attitude for a variety of tasks including, goods-in inspection, stock control and manufacture
- Proven practical experience of high tech assembly or test (preferably within a regulated environment such as medical/pharmaceutical or aerospace)
- A careful approach to assembly, lab and tool use
- The ability to keep accurate records, in line with cGMP
- Cable assembly skills (use of crimp tools, wire cutters and associated hand tools)
- Experience using test/measurement equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters and oscilloscopes
Naturally you’ll have a relevant NVQ / BTEC qualification, and at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools, including Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm fully-instruments. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.