We’re looking for a proactive and collaborative Medical Advisor to join our rapidly growing team as we bring the next generation of surgical robotic system to market. Reporting to the Medical Director, you will have previous proven experience in a similar role and be able to provide them with support to ensure that business objectives are achieved and provide strong clinical leadership to both the business and our customers.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Building trusted and strategic relationships with the global medical community in surgical robotics
- Identifying and developing strategic clinical partnerships and collaborations
- Providing input into Clinical Development strategy ensuring activities meet business objectives
- Be a subject matter expert in general surgery and robotic assisted surgery
- Supporting the development of next generation systems and instrumentation with subject matter input and review into pre-clinical and clinical research
- Supporting the development of clinical metrics to inform research and collaboration activities in clinical education
- Monitoring and reviewing clinical data for safety and ongoing study conduct
- Providing clinical input into product development risk management activities
- Analysis, presentation and interpretation of study data, with integrated assessment as compared with published data
- Providing clinical guidance, input and assistance to the design of clinical studies and relevant studies and programs
- Leading and participating in ongoing clinical study team and relevant sub-team meetings, other interactions and communications
- Working with regulatory and other internal partners/stakeholders in the completion and submission of regulatory filings and other regulatory documentation. Review of regulatory documents and interaction with global regulatory authorities
- Participating in the development and implementation of presentations to support existing and concluded studies including Key Opinion Leader (KOL) interactions, advisory boards, major medical meetings, congresses and other events, publications and other materials
- Collaborating with a variety of internal and external organisations and partners, such as clinicians, scientists and key opinion leaders (KOLs), as well as multidisciplinary internal groups, including product development, research and commercial
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the [x team] remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- GMC registered (UK) or equivalent current local medical registration
- Medical degree
- Solid medical devices experience, preferably in general surgery and robotics
- Exposure to next-generation medical devices clinical trials
- Significant successful interactions with key opinion leaders and investigators globally
- An excellent scientific track record proven by publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.