The role of Office Manager carries great responsibility, looking after a growing team of administrators who help support and deliver a diverse range of business needs. No two days are ever the same, if you enjoy variety and challenge this job could be for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the smooth running of all office functions
- Day to day management of the business support team and reception
- Working alongside internal stakeholders to achieve specific functions and organisational goals
- Recognising gaps in resource and responding accordingly
- Overseeing and implementing team training to ensure consistency in line with internal policies
- Additional tasks as directed by the Business Support & Office Manager
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Support Team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Previous experience within an office management position including line management of a small team
- Excellent leadership and management skills with experience in ongoing performance management and appraisal process
- Proven experience in recruitment and selection process to ensure adequate resource and effective team working
- A flexible working style with the ability to multi-task and manage demanding deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and act as an influencer
- Strong IT skills as well as being confident using systems and programmes
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!