We’re looking for a talented, ambitious and enthusiastic PCB design engineer to join our team in Cambridge as we develop state-of-the-art robotics for key-hole surgery. If you’re experienced in designing complex boards mixing power, analogue and high speed digital, and if you want to be part of a growing and ambitious team, then we want to hear from you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
The role would cover complex board design, including:
- Schematic capture using hierarchical designs and sheet re-use
- Design of PCBs involving complex layout requirements and working with the design team to optimise within tight constraints
- Layout of tightly integrated power, analogue and high speed digital circuits
- Working with mechanical engineers to review mechanical constraints and PCB outlines
- Managing component libraries and standardising PCB templates
- Maintaining the PCB design tools, database and updates
- Corresponding with third parties to optimise manufacturability
- Rapid turnaround of prototype PCBs
- Naturally you’ll have experience (ideally at least 3 years) in designing complex boards mixing power, analogue and high speed digital. You will also be familiar with multi-disciplinary product design processes working to the highest possible standards. We’re also looking for you to have:
- Experience in multi-layer, BGA escapement, DDR routing, and advanced technologies such as flex / flexi-ridgid; blind vias; buried vias
- Experience managing component databases
- Expert level user skills with one or more modern PCB CAD tools, including good working knowledge of using Altium Designer
- Experience working under formal change control, managing and controlling changes from request through to implementation
- Design review experience for schematics and layouts
- Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and test
- Designing to IPC standards
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.