We’ve got a role for an enthusiastic, proactive and detail-oriented People Team Assistant (in other companies our People Team might be known as HR, but we think people are people… not resources) to support our rapidly growing business and our people. You are able to move quickly with the changing environment, are inquisitive, and interested to learn about latest business updates and the future impact they may have, using the knowledge to support your day to day work. In addition to being organised and analytical, you possess the strong communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be working closely with a busy and growing People Team, with responsibilities such as:
• Support the full CMR recruitment process, including arranging interviews / assessment days, inter-viewing candidates, contract administration and supporting CMR at recruitment events
• Through undertaking tasks identify how we can build efficiency into existing operations
• Manage the onboarding process for new joiners
• Maintain efficient systems to manage employee records, benefits administration and compliance to quality training (familiarity with HR IT systems would be helpful)
• Arrange internal and external training
• Actively support and contribute to team projects
• Undertake varied tasks to ensure that CMR remains a supportive and caring employer, and ensure staff retention levels continue at a high level
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
• Strong education background, CIPD foundation level qualification would be desirable
• Ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritise multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently
• Ability to take initiative and build relationships
• A genuine desire to help and support our great people and team members so we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.