Are you passionate about working in partnership with business managers and leaders to support them in building and leading their teams of exceptional people, ensuring we retain high performers, manage performance, provide learning and development opportunities and navigate and resolve employee relations issues whilst ensuring CMR is a supportive and caring employer? We’re looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Business Partner to join our People Team (in other companies our People Team might be known as HR, but we think people are people… not resources) to support our rapidly growing business. You will be passionate about ensuring our people experience the best we have to offer.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
You’ll be a key member of our growing and busy People Team. The role will be hands-on and you’ll be involved in a mix of activities of the team, including:
- Business Partnering: Building and developing good working relationships with group leaders and managers within our functional groups; developing an in depth understanding of their specific needs and the competitive environment, providing high quality, timely and accurate advice and guidance as required on all people matters
- Talent management: working with line managers to provide support on managing all levels of performance within their teams; ensuring consistency Company-wide
- Recruitment: Working across the recruitment process, defining emerging roles with hiring managers, facilitating effective and innovative sourcing strategies and providing excellent candidate experience
- Learning & Development: working with line managers to plan learning and development initiatives, in conjunction with People team, to meet business and individual objectives; sourcing appropriate training courses, support professional accreditation and succession planning
- People support: Assisting CMR to be a supportive and caring employer; providing fair and consistent advice to managers and our people on policies and procedures and any other day to day queries that may arise maintaining a practical and respectful approach
- Operational Administration & Analytics: Working with the team to maintain and develop efficient systems to manage employee records, benefits administration and training records; providing reports and data analysis as required across a range of areas, working with others to offer suggestions for improvement
- Varied tasks and projects as directed by the People Team Manager
You’ll be an experienced people-orientated HR professional, who will care about providing the best service possible to our people and be keen to support CMR’s desire to really develop and value its people.
Of course, you’ll be engaging, approachable, enthusiastic and empathetic. You’ll be passionate about attention to detail and be trusted to maintain confidentiality. Above all you’ll be a top-notch team-player, comfortable working in a non-hierarchical environment and prepared to do whatever is required to get the job done.
More specifically you will have:
- CIPD qualification
- A good degree or relevant experience and qualifications
- The ability to prioritise and manage own time in a busy environment while at the same time demonstrating rigorous attention to detail
- Experience of managing employee relations matters
- High proficiency with using technology to improve efficient and effectiveness of administration and recruitment processes (HRIS and ATS)
- A Results-oriented mentality, naturally focusing efforts on innovative and effective solutions
- Good judgment and maturity, professional approach, and strong analytical skills
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!