We’re looking for a PA to support our Exec team and Board of Directors; you'll be kept super busy in a fast paced, dynamic and rapidly growing company, managing ever changing diaries, taking messages, organising travel arrangements and preparing a variety of presentations and documents.
You will have access to senior level meetings and first hand insight to decisions affecting the company. You will need to be able to represent the executive team in all you do and you need to act with integrity and discretion. There’s no expectation that you will have previous medical device experience, but you will need to be able to juggle many priorities and manage a diverse and high volume workload while maintaining effective communication with colleagues and external customers.
It’s a brilliant opportunity to see the workings of a medical devices company and we hope you’ll become as passionate as we are about Transforming Surgery. For Good.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath taking innovation that underpins our next generation surgical robot. We’re an award winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Support the CEO and all members of the executive team in daily tasks
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and travel worldwide, maintaining calendars
- Co-ordinate meetings, Board meetings, VIP visits, events and off-sites:
- Secure locations and set-up, secure resources, co-ordinate hotel and transport services
- Facilitate transitions between contacts and greet guests as appropriate
- Maintain meeting minutes and action items follow up lists
- Develop a solid understanding of the complex global medical devices environment and be able to credibly interact with individuals inside and outside of the company.
- Screen email correspondence, mail and telephone calls; review, route and respond to inquiries as appropriate.
- Develop, edit, and publish presentations, prepare agendas, letters, and reports as requested:
- Collect/produce reports as needed by the Executive team
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the organisation that helps support the Executive team and CMR deliver its objectives.
Naturally you’ll be passionate about learning and gaining a deep understanding of the medical device industry, but in addition we’d like you to:
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- be discreet and confidential while being personable and fun
- be organised, able to problem-solve and take responsibility for fixing errors
- be able to absorb information quickly
- have a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- have the ability to work closely with senior members of the CMR team and listen to feedback, using it to improve
- be self-deprecating
- be driven to achieve your best work and take responsibility for and pride in all you do
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.