We’re looking for a bright and proactive Senior Quality Engineer to join our growing team in Cambridge. If you have experience in product improvement within manufacturing and/ or handling customer complaints and looking for exciting work and a chance to develop your career, then this is the role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
You’d join a growing, busy but close-knit quality team and, under the direction of a Quality Manager, would be performing product improvement tasks. This will primarily involve:
- Coordination with stakeholders to discuss, communicate, and resolve product quality issues raised by customers or internally to ensure that customer and internal concerns are dealt with efficiently
- Driving product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management and customer reporting
- Providing quality engineering support and work with all functions in order to identify the root cause of product non-conformity or performance issues at all stages of product life cycle
- Training and guiding employees in identifying and developing problem solving methodologies to resolve quality issues, and ensure that relevant quality data/information is properly recorded as per the existing system and procedures
- Updating customers in a timely fashion regarding the status of quality issues or any requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participating in product quality planning and the control process based on customer specifications and requirements
- Communicating data and metrics regarding internal product improvement and customer complaints, feedback and expectations on product quality
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the quality remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Knowledge and experience in the assembly process and electro-mechanics, experience with robotics is a distinct advantage
- Previous experience within product improvement role, ideally having worked with medical device industry and/ or medical device customers
- Highly skilled problem solver with ability to think outside the box
- A strong understanding of other core quality tools such as NCR/CAPA, RCA, five whys, fishbone diagram, Atlasian JIRA, and an understanding of ISO 13485 and experience of Lean Six Sigma would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Proficient in risk analysis techniques including FMEA PFMEA
- A highly effective communication and can confidently engage with various stakeholders
- Ability to chair improvement meetings in liaison with departmental manager
- The ability to manage deliverables and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Attention to detail, integrity, organisation, communication, and interpersonal, clerical and computer skills
- Professional approach and good team player
- Flexible with a current driving licence
- A key driver of change
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!