We’re looking for a delivery focused, target driven Production Manager with a passion for championing leading edge manufacturing techniques and leading continuous improvement practices to bring the next generation of surgical-assist robot to market.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
If you’re an inspiring and motivating leader, who enjoys driving the production team to achieve high priority objectives and operational goals, this could be the right opportunity for you! You’ll need to be a forward thinker who will thrive in a fast paced, developing and ever-changing high-tech environment.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing and Supply Chain, you will take a hands-on approach to managing the day to day operations of the line and its continuous improvement processes.
You will have the skills to:
- plan and manage the day-to-day running of the production line;
- bring world class, best practise, principles to the running the line;
- manage the deployment of LEAN continuous improvements;
- establish visualisation of the line and KPI reporting on a weekly basis.
Through providing direction to CMR’s manufacturing operations, you’ll be able to make a real impact on the output quality and efficiency of production.
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! As we grow roles will also change and evolve and as a result, we’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Manufacturing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives. Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the manufacturing production team through effective planning and communication of company vision and team objectives
- Executing on-time delivery of production output with discipline and continuously improving daily, weekly, and monthly quotas
- Capacity planning of manufacturing resources to ensure alignment with demand, proper contingency and surge, and suitable depth of cross-trained talent
- Working closely with supply chain and quality teams to ensure efficient and effective support is in place to ensure targeted system output
- Optimizing efficiency by championing leading edge manufacturing techniques and LEAN principles
- Training and motivating employees to set highest possible standards for quality, productivity, technical capability, GMP compliance, collaboration and teamwork
- Establish regular and efficient visualisation, management reporting and KPI dashboards for production output and processes
- Managing the interfaces between the production team and the wider company
- Demonstrating leadership by ensuring decision making and communication are focused on the companies’ vision and values.
You will have experience of operating at senior management level in a highly regulated manufacturing envi-ronment, preferably with experience of ISO 13485 certification and FDA GMP.
We’d anticipate that you would have:
- Excellent communication skills with an extensive background in planning, delivering, and reporting to management the day-to-day detail of the production output
- Experience of budgeting, planning, and monitoring the financial aspects of the production
- A proven ability in leading and developing teams, having successfully managed manufacturing and engineering staff in the production of complex, regulated, electromechanical technologies (ideally medical device related)
- An innovative approach to problem solving within a progressive modern manufacturing facility
- A flexible and responsive approach with the ability to differentiate and prioritise between multiple conflicting priorities without losing sight of long term strategic objectives
- A good degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience combined with a successful track record of manufacturing in a high-tech, low volume, high quality environment
- If you don’t have direct experience of a medical device manufacturing environment, you may have worked in an equivalently regulated industry such as automotive or aerospace.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cy-cle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.