We’re looking for a Professional Education Manager (US), within this role you’ll play a key part in supporting surgical teams in the United States, enabling them to drive the best clinical value from the Versius surgical robotic platform. You’ll help manage the development of professional education programmes to ensure we deliver the very best in surgical team training to the users of Versius as well as foster and develop relation-ships with professional bodies to support the safe and effective adoption of robotic assisted minimal access surgery.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Partnerships: Partnering with marketing, faculty and your Professional Education team to effectively deliver Professional Education programs. Facilitating key strategic relationships with faculty, facilities and third-party vendors. Networking with surgical societies and clinical education providers to support the introduction of universal robotics curriculums to enable the safe and effective adoption of robotic assisted minimal access surgery.
Programme Development: Developing a long-term strategy to deliver world-class educational programmes for our US market. Executing this strategy through prioritised projects with clear objectives, milestones, resource requirements, and deliverables that allow your team to execute quickly and efficiently as a supportive and motivated group.
Developing relationships with faculty, learners, facilities, logistics and vendors to ensure that programmes are executed efficiently, effectively and compliantly whilst delivering excellent service to our customers.
Market and Industry Knowledge: Understanding and applying market, competitor, and health care compliance, legal, and regulatory knowledge. Understanding the external marketplace including competitor offerings and strategy, changing stakeholders, and using this to shape Professional Education planning and anticipate future trends.
Customer Insights: Acquiring insights and translating them to develop a strong understand the unmet needs of the surgical team and how this relates to business objectives.
Technology: Understanding of new and existing technology platforms and utilise them appropriately to effectively engage multiple stakeholders and reinforce key learning concepts.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Professional Education remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
We expect you to be enthusiastic about professional education and how it can drive up the effectiveness of robotic or other technology deployments. You’ll enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team, interacting with clinicians, engineers, medical professionals, and business partners and ideally have some, or all the following:
- Proven and relevant experience, we expect that for this level of role 5 years of your experience will have been within the medical device or healthcare industry, either as medical education or product marketing with a heavy involvement in education.
- Knowledge of surgical environments, terminology, common surgical procedures, as well as healthcare industry and trends
- Experience of developing strategies to deliver curriculum and training facilitation
- Track record of leading Professional Education teams and programs, including building an international education team and proven ability to effectively motivate and influence a team of professionals on a regional level
- Ability to build relationships with key customers and opinion leaders
- Proven ability to understand business strategy and translate into learning solutions that support the company’s business goals is also required
- Confidence working with highly technical material, and strong ability to present the complex in clear, simple terms
- Exceptional planning, problem solving and organizational skills; ability to prioritize under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, clear and concise writing and presentation style, particularly when describing technical content
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and use MS Office applications
- a genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We also want you to have a good degree from a top university, in Business Administration, Marketing, Life sciences or related field. There may be extensive regional travel (at least 50% of your time might be spent travelling) and you must be flexible in your work hours to accommodate weekend training events.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits. On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.