We are looking for a Project Manager who can help us to extend the market reach of our advanced surgical robotic systems. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to adapt the capabilities of our systems to meet the demands of new markets (e.g. China). To do this you will need to be able to rapidly assimilate information from a variety of engineering, manufacturing, operational and regulatory sources and devise and maintain detailed project plans and documentation that support market entry and facilitate collaborative working with our international partners and teams.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team we are looking for someone who can:
- Work in partnership with the Program Manager to deliver complex engineering projects within agreed budgets and timescales
- Create and maintain project plans/schedules and other project documents
- Coordinate project activities across multiple teams and third-parties and act as a “go to” person for project knowledge
- Actively engage with stakeholders and maintain a free-flow of information
- Facilitate product entry into new markets by working with our internal project teams and overseas partners including overseas on-site support
- Work with our engineering, manufacturing and service/support teams to ensure that plans, designs and documentation are optimised for the intended deployment environment.
- Assess project/organisational impacts associated with change and manage any associated risks
- Work at all stages of the design cycle from requirements capture through to transfer to manufacture and regulatory submission
- We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would generally expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the project management remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would generally expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the systems engineering remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You will be great at working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, bringing your strong work ethic and proven desire to deliver high quality results. You will have a good degree in engineering, physics or a related discipline and a track record of applying your project management and engineering skills in a product or systems development environment.
We would like you to have:
- Good experience in the management of complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Experience in transfer to manufacture for technology-based products, ideally to Asia
- Sound knowledge of best practice project management methodologies and tools including both Waterfall and Agile
- A good understanding of product design and development processes including requirements capture, design for manufacture and test, design verification, manufacturing processes, change control and risk analysis
- Strong problem solving, stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to liaise easily with colleagues from a variety of engineering, manufacturing, clinical and scientific backgrounds
- An analytical approach with the ability to quickly grasp a complex (possibly ambiguous) situation and formulate an effective and pragmatic means to address
- Ability to clearly see the “big picture” while remaining focussed on the important detail
- Excellent written skills with the ability to generate accurate yet concise technical documents
- Experience of working within a regulated development environment, ideally in the medical sector or another regulated industry such as automotive, aerospace or industrial control
- Willingness to travel internationally (e.g. China) for periods of up to a few weeks to support product entering a new territory
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience of medical device development processes and standards
- Experience of compliance/standards engineering (e.g. electrical safety, EMC etc.)
- Experience of managing and maintaining complex engineering document sets
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese and/or experience of working in China
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.