Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
- Supporting the Supply Chain team to deliver the right material at the right price and quality and to specified timescales
- Build and maintain effective relationships with critical and key suppliers within remit and ensure compliance with CMR documentation
- Maintain accuracy of purchase order data and in conjunction with Finance and resolve any price discrepancies
- Assist with sourcing alternative materials and in the selection and qualification of new suppliers
- Organisation of returning faulty materials as instructed by QC
- Provide regular forecast of demand to key and critical suppliers
- Review and communicate design changes to supply base
- Purchase all Materials, custom and standard parts in remit
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Supply Chain remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good negotiation skills
- A self-motivated and customer focused approach
- A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
- Willingness to adapt to the changing needs of customer requirements
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.