Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
We’re looking for someone who will be passionate about helping us deliver quality in everything we do. In this role, you’ll:
- Implement the defined quality processes, procedures and principles across the business
- Work with various stakeholders (including suppliers, developers, manufacturing, customers and regulatory bodies) to facilitate corrective action and resolve quality issues as appropriate
- Maintain our document management system
- Help to manage and improve quality metrics
- Train and coach others in best practice and the required levels required to maintain conformance with the quality management system and regulatory requirements
- Provide support to incoming inspection and test and outgoing product audit
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
Naturally, given what we do as a company, you’ll have a sound working knowledge of medical device manufacture within an accredited ISO 13485 quality management system or similar regulated industry. We’d also like you to have:
- Understanding of precision electro-mechanical manufacturing and assembly methods and has some knowledge of related key processes
- Basic working knowledge of electronics and mechanics
- Familiarity with document management, software, internal auditing and supplier assessment
- The ability to demonstrate a hands-on approach to quality engineering and you won’t be afraid to get involved with any issues as they arise
- A dynamic and proactive outlook with strong problem-solving skills
- The willingness to take responsibility and effectively manage your time and tasks to meet deliverables on time
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to process lots of data and information, extract facts, determine a course of action and implement it
- The capacity to mentor, counsel, encourage and motivate others to deliver their best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!