We’re looking for a bright and proactive quality inspector to join our growing team in Cambridge. If you’re just starting out in your career and looking for hands-on work and a chance to learn on the job, then this is the role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
You’d join a growing, busy but close-knit quality team and, under the direction of a quality leader, would be performing in-process inspection and testing of finished product. This will primarily involve:
- Performing in-process inspection within manufacturing assembly processes
- Testing of finished product
- Following work instruction or check-list template and accurately recording results
- Discussing any issues (process or technical) with manufacturing.
We’d expect you to be a bit of a perfectionist, but also be practical and compromising when needs be. You’ll also have a flexible working style that won’t be daunted by a fast-paced working environment or by a wide range of tasks. We’re also looking for you to have:
- A rigorous and disciplined approach to inspection
- The ability to use a variety of inspection rigs or equipment
- Ideally have knowledge and experience in assembly process and electro-mechanics
- Experience with robotics is an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!