We’re looking for a bright and proactive quality inspector to join our growing team in Cambridge. If you’re just starting out in your career and looking for hands-on work and a chance to learn on the job, then this is the role for you.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focused. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then it’s a great time to join us.
You’d join a growing, busy but close-knit quality team and, under the direction of a quality leader, would be performing in-process inspection and testing of finished product. This will primarily involve:
- Performing inspection of incoming goods, reviewing delivery paperwork and CoC’s, checking items to supplier inspection reports
- Measurement, testing & analysis of various electro-mechanical components
- Testing of finished product
- Following work instruction, check-list templates, key points documents & technical drawings and accurately recording results
- Discussing any issues (process or technical) with manufacturing.
We’d expect you to be a bit of a perfectionist, but also be practical and compromising when needs be. You’ll also have a flexible working style that won’t be daunted by a fast-paced working environment or by a wide range of tasks. We’re also looking for you to have:
- A rigorous and disciplined approach to inspection
- The ability to use a variety of inspection rigs or equipment, micrometers, callipers, bore gauges (desirable but not essential)
- Ideally have knowledge and experience in assembly process and electro-mechanics
- Experience with robotics is an advantage
- Experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment or within a quality department ideally
- CMM experience desirable but not essential
- Familiarity with ISO accreditations, ISO13485 ideally, exposure to ISO9001 or similar would be advantageous
- CAPA Process familiarity, 6S lean manufacturing experience desirable
- Ability to read technical drawings for mechanical parts
- Comfortable to work within a close-knit team and support each other with the workload but also be able to work alone
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and medical insurance – as well as our legendary monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!